ROLLING MEADOWS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
General Membership Meeting
September 9, 2010

President Mary Polancich called the meeting to order at 6:30pm.

Agenda Items on Amendments:

  1. Motion to suspend Bylaws to allow RMNA members to directly elect officers and directors for the next term. Motion seconded. Motion passed.
  2. Motion to suspend bylaws to allow RMNA members to elect Directors (as required by the current bylaws) and allow them to serve one-year terms to function as Members-at-Large of the association? Motion seconded. Motion passed.

Nominations of Officers

  • President: Mary Polancih
  • Vice President: Tim Klaben
  • Treasurer: Teresa Northrup
  • Secretary: Gretchen Lowe

Motion to cast a unanimous ballot for all officers nominated. Motion seconded. Motion passed.

Guest Speaker: Alder Lauren Cnare

Alder Cnare discussed various matters in the neighborhood:

Capital Budget - Alder Cnare said it would be slim this year with most money geared to downtown.  She said it would help if we would advocate for a new Far East Side Fire Station.  There is also money in the budget to update Station #5.

Other budget items: - Automatic water meter reading with monthly billing process; Edgewater project; money for Neighborhood Centeres and Overture Center.  Alder Cnare is one of the members of an ad hoc committee to decide whether to run the facility as a non profit or don't buy it and let the banks run it.  If the facility runs as a nonprofit, what happens to employees - and the importance of maintaining quality control. A decision has to be made by December 30th.

President's Report

Chip sealing process with missed spots.

President Polancih will give Alder Cnare more information on the bad spots on Acewood Blvd.  Residents with tree problems need to call the forestry department.

Vice President's Report

Dropped off brochures in neighborhood regarding last meeting. There are no further issues with graffiti this year.

Treasurer's Report

  • Savings $735.55
  • Sign fund $1316.45

Money will be transferred to another bank or credit union because of the fee charge.

Sign Committee Report

Explanation of the city process for application for grant money and sign placement procedure.  The committee has sent out letters to businesses and $400 has been returned for this effort.  Donations of $425 have been received from personal solicitations and $491.15 from the Lowe's garage sale for a total of $1316.45.  It was suggested that RMNA's web address be added to the sign.  Darold Lowe will check with planning department to see if this type of advertising is allowed on the sign.

Old Business

None.

New Business

President Polancih reported that the city parks department furnish hay rides in October and November for $80 that included 30 minute hayrides with smores for up to 24 people.  If you know of any new neighbors moving in, call Mary so she can drop off a RMNA flyer and welcome them to the neighborhood.  There will be a medicine drop on October 2nd at the transfer station on Olin.

Next meeting Novemeber 11, 2010

Meeting adjourned at 8:12pm.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Gretchen Lowe.

ROLLING MEADOWS NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
July 9, 2009
General Membership Meeting

Meeting was called to order by President Hanson at 6:30 pm.

Adoption of Agenda was moved, seconded and approved.

Printed copies of the minutes of April 16, 2009 were provided. Approved without correction.

Guest Speaker:
Paul Logan, Dane County 911 Center Support Services Manager

Mr. Logan gave an overview of how the 911 Call Center works and gave tips for using "911." He then answered questions. Website: www.dane911.com

Elected Officers Reports

President Bob Hanson
Provide copies of the proposed 2010-2015 Capital Budget for Madison Water Utility and the 2010- 2015 Long Range Capital Improvement Budget for review. Next meeting's speaker will be from the Water Utility and will answer questions about these documents.

Heritage Heights Neighborhood Association Picnic will be September 13. RMNA members are invited. More information available at the September 9 meeting.

RMNA Annual Meeting and election will be September 9 at Alliance Church. Meeting begins at 6:30 pm.

Vice President Matt Hornbeck
RMNA Sign Project Update: Proposed site for the sign is the median on Acewood Blvd. between Sentry and Walgreen's. Several sign companies in the area were called. Openwood Studio responded with a bid of $3150 for an installed sign. Busch's provided a response. Their website gave a cost range of $1800-$2500 installed. Matt asked members present for design ideas. He said the permit process is ongoing.

Darold Lowe recommended 3-4 designs be presented at the September meeting. Matt clarified that we are only in the planning process. Design is one of the last things done after the permits, approval of the proposal by the City Council, and completion of the grant process.

Treasurer Teresa Northrup
(absent due to illness)

Secretary Mary Polancih
Minutes for April 16 meeting were prepared and distributed at this meeting. No additions to the membership.

Reports of Standing Committees

TRAFFIC - Jim Schuhart
Objective : Trying to control traffic on Acewood. Safe Community Program will provide yard signs and electronic spped sign. Volunteers wil be needed and must be trained before the event. Discussion.

President Hanson reported he talked to Ald. Cnare about the ongoing concern. She reported that a pedestrian refuge will be installed on Acewood when Bob-O-Link is resurfaced. A special meting with David Dryer of City Engineering would need to happen very soon. Discussionn. Request was made for a meeting to be set up Bob will do it.

Old Business

RE: Business participation in RMNA
President Hanson received message from Jule Stroik, Neighborhoods Coordinator which was provided as a handout. He also spoke with Ald. Cnare, who is in favor. Elvehjem and others have non-voting business seats on their boards.

New Business

Vernon Ave
Concern raised about whether the area is improving. Discussion. Concern voiced about current posted parking restrictions on the street. Discussion. President Hanson suggested the member contact Traffic Engineering for information and to make suggestions.

Adjourned at 7:55 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Mary Polancih, Secretary